Allison Thibault, MS, RDN, LDN, CDN
Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Lead Clinical Nutritionist RWJBarnabas Health
Founder of VivaTotalHealth
Allison’s passion, drive and ambition brought her to start VivaTotalHealth in February 2015, 2 months after graduating from the Nutrition and Dietetics Program at Montclair State University. Allison believes food heals. Food brings people together, and can bring upon many emotions. “What we feed our body is what it will give to us in return”.
Allison completed extensive Clinical and Medical Nutrition Therapy training through:
• Critical Care Nutrition Support at RWJ/Barnabas, Jersey City Medical Center
• Clinical Nutrition Therapy at RWJ/Barnabas, Jersey City Medical Center
• Medical/Surgical Nutrition Therapy at RWJ/Barnabas, Jersey City Medical Center
• Burn Nutrition at St. Barnabas Hospital Burn Healing Unit
• Dialysis Nutrition at RWJ/Barnabas, Jersey City Medical Center and Fresenius Kidney Care
• Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2 Nutrition at St. Joseph’s Hospital
• Pediatrics Nutrition at The Children’s Hospital at St. Joseph’s Hospital
• Bariatric Nutrition at The New Jersey Bariatric Center
• Rehabilitation Nutrition at The Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation
• Older Adult and Long Term Term Care Nutrition at Regent Care Center
• Community Nutrition at Rutgers Cooperative Extension
• Community Nutrition at Head Start
• Food Service Management at Hackensack University Medical Center and Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation
Allison Thibault is a highly qualified Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Lead Clinical Nutritionist at RWJBarnabas Health and Certified Nutritional Therapist.
After receiving an undergraduate degree at Kean University, she decided to follow her true passion and studied in the accredited program by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic Program in Dietetics, while in Master’s Program in Nutrition and Food Science from Montclair State University. During her studies, Allison had the opportunity to work alongside the extremely knowledgeable team of Dietitians and Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) at the Diabetes Center at Overlook Hospital. During her training at the Diabetes Center Allison learned that optimizing a patients nutritional status can aide in the treatment of many disease states.
Allison continued her education by completing the Nutritional Therapy Program at the Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado.
Shortly after, she completed her Dietetic Internship through Montclair State University. Allison completed 1,232 supervised hours in Clinical Nutrition, Community Nutrition, and Food Service Management accredited program by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic Program in Dietetics
Allison has experience working with multi-disciplinary team of doctors including gastroenterologists, wound care specialists, fertility specialists, family care practitioners and surgeons. Responsibilities include optimizing patients nutritionally in chronic and acute wound healing, increase fertility and hormone balance and regulation, weight reduction, eating disorders, hyperlipidemia, obesity, metabolic disorder, hypercholesterolemia, pre-diabetes, diabetes, gestational diabetes, fatigue, stress, depression, anxiety, nutrient deficiency, poor planning and eating habits, sports and fitness nutrition. Allison has years of experience with athletes of all ages and sports in training, nutrition counseling and consulting.
Professional Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
State Affiliate of New Jersey Dietetic Association
Professional Member of the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
Professional of the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors Organizational Unit (NDEP)
Professional Member of the American Society of Nutrition (ASN)
Professional Member of The Alternative Therapy and The Alternative Therapy Association
Professional Member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certified
ANHI Malnutrition Screening, Assessment, Diagnosis, and Intervention
ANHI Interdisciplinary Approach to Recognizing and Treating Malnutrition
American Red Cross ACLS and BLS Certified
Whole Foods Market Nutrition Educator and Recipe Developer
Contributing Nutrition and Health Writer for The Daily Makeover
Contributing Nutrition and Wellness Writer for Island Jane Magazine
Contributing Nutrition and Health Writer for YogaToday
Yoga and Fitness Model for YogaToday
Nordstrom Nutrition, Health and Fitness Educator
(pictured above: Allison with Governor Christie Whitman at Grow A Row America Fundraiser)
(pictured above: Allison with Dr. Furhman, Board-Certified Family Physician, New York Times Best-Selling Author and Nutritional Researcher)
Shifra is currently a dietetics student at Rutgers University. Ever since she was little, nutrition has had an important place in her heart. She believes that food has significant power. Food not only plays an important part in our everyday lives and our bodies, but it even has the power to heal. Shifra loves to eat a plant based and whole foods diet, with natural ingredients, oh and don’t forget the dark chocolate! She has been privileged to intern and work with Allison, as she continues to learn so much from her!
Fun Facts about Shifra:
– During her free time… She loves to act during her free time and go to the gym! “Iv’e been taking a lot of body pump/yoga classes lately- they’re so fun!”
– Her favorite food item(s)… “Picking my favorite food is so hard! I love the combination of dark chocolate and peanut butter as a treat (or really anything with peanut butter), but as a meal lately, I have been loving making lentil/chickpea pastas!”
– Shifra has been acting/modeling since she was 11 (have been in films and commercials!)
– Her favorite animal is a pig (“I would never in a million years eat one-not only because of how unhealthy they are, but because they are so cute”)
– “I love country music and anything farm-like/rustic.
– “I am obsessed with anything fuzzy (socks, blankets, sweatshirts), I am always wearing fuzzy things.”
– Her favorite show of all time is “Friends”.