I love cozy-ing up to a nice warm, healthy, and comforting drink.
This latte covers it all.
Its beautiful color makes you want to dive right in.
Turmeric contains a very important compound called curcumin, of which contains powerful anti-inflammatory effects, and is a strong antioxidant. Antioxidants protect our body from free radicals that cause damage within our bodies.
Curcumin neutralizes the free radicals and stimulates our body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
It is widely known for its anti-neoplastic and anti-carcinogenic properties.
This healthy drink is Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free and Vegan.
2 cups milk or non-dairy milk of choice
1 tsp turmeric powder or 1/2 inch thinly sliced fresh turmeric
1 tsp ginger powder or 1/2 inch thinly sliced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp raw honey
1. Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. Stir well.
3. Let the mixture begin to simmer, so small bubbles form around the sides of the saucepan. Continue to stir.
4. Continue to heat for about another minute. Do not overheat the milk, avoid burning/boiling.
5. Turn the heat off, cover it, and allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes and allow to infuse.
6. Strain the liquid if you did not use powder and used fresh ingredients.
7. Add honey to taste (also great as an antimicrobial agent).