I decided to get a little ambitious with dinner and made myself a home-made cauliflower pizza from scratch! SO tasty! I made it quite a few times, and it gets easier and better each time. Making a good pizza is definitely a practice. I topped my pizza with my favorite vegetable toppings and sprinkled some cheese to give it a nice finish. This hit the spot and it made me so happy.
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
1 cauliflower head
1 cup chopped spinach and/or kale
½ cup diced bell peppers
½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
½ cup mushrooms and onions
4 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh basil leaves
½ cup organic mozzarella cheese
¼ cup organic parmesan cheese
½ cup organic goat cheese (or preferred cheese for topping)
2 organic grass-fed eggs
2 Tbsp Almond or Flax Meal
1 tsp turmeric (optional)
1 tsp cumin (optional)
1 tsp rosemary (optional)
1 tsp thyme (optional)
¼ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
Organic Tomato Sauce or homemade
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and place in food processor.
Grind until it becomes a rice/paste mixture
(almost like mashed potato).
3. Place in microwave safe dish and microwave for 2 minutes.
4. Place cauliflower mixture into a cheesecloth and ring out excess water.
5. Place cauliflower in bowl and add in
garlic, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, almond or flax meal,
and all spices and herbs.
6. Stir all ingredients.
7. Place circular shaped parchment paper onto baking sheet.
(cut into shape of pizza baking sheet)
8. Spread mixture over parchment paper into the shape of a pizza
(or whatever shape you desire!).
9. Place in oven at 350-375°F degrees F for 30-40 minutes until edges crisp and turns slightly brown.
(sometimes longer depending on oven so keep an eye on it!)
10. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought organic).
11. Layer cheese and vegetable toppings
(You can pick whatever vegetables you want to enjoy on your pizza.
Do not feel you are stuck with the ones listed above. Get creative!)
12. Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese has melted and vegetables are warmed through.
13. Allow pizza to cool. Cut into slices and enjoy!