Who knew coriander is also known as cilantro? Cilantro is the Spanish name for coriander. Interesting, isn’t it? Cilantro has many health benefits of which include:
ridding the body of heavy metals, protecting the body against oxidative stress, lowers blood sugar levels, prevents urinary tract infections, eases digestion, lowers anxiety and stress levels, improves sleep, protects the body against cardiovascular disease, and so much more! These benefits have me wanting a bowl, right now! Enjoy!
This soup is Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, and Vegan.
8 cups of Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
5 heaping cups of washed and chopped carrots
3 heaping cups of cauliflower
3 heaping cups of broccoli
2 handfuls of organic washed spinach or kale
2 1/2 cups green onion
2/3 cup washed cilantro (coriander)
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 Tablespoon black mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon cumin powder
2 inches peeled ginger
2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Prep ingredients as listed.
2. Place all ingredients into pot over medium heat.
3. Allow to slight boil, simmer until vegetables are soft.
4. Continue to stir.
5. Once vegetables are soft, remove from heat.
6. Place soup in a blender. You will not be able to fit the entire batch in at once. Place a few scoops of vegetables and a few scoops of broth in at one time for easy emulsifying.
(I use a Vitamix.)
7. Continue to do this and allow the soup to mix in blender until thoroughly mixed.
8. Pour soup from blender into another pot for storing.
9. Pour soup into serving bowl, top with fresh cilantro and sprouted sunflower seeds.