This meal is paired perfectly. Creating a well-balanced plate is important to make sure you are getting all of the essential nutrients your body needs to sustain healthy living. This plate has lean protein, vegetables (fiber!), and healthy fats. I always teach my clients to make more than half of their plate vegetables. Pairing meals this way allows you to feel fuller for a longer amount of time by increasing satiety, keeps the digestive system and gut healthy, keeps your metabolism going, feeds your muscles to keep them strong and in fat-burning mode, and stabilizes your blood sugar. The more stable your blood sugar, the less sugar cravings, crashes, and inflammation you will experience.
Cauliflower and Romanesco
Ingredients for Avocado Cream:
1 small container of yogurt
Water and Ice
1. Rub cod with avocado oil and salt.
2. Place a slice of lemon over cod.
3. Rest cod over parchment paper and cook at 375F for about 20-25 minutes.
4. The first 15 minutes, keep the cod covered and folded into the parchment paper.
5. Roast asparagus, cauliflower, and romanesco in avocado oil and a touch of salt at 400F for 25 minutes.
Directions for Avocado Cream:
Blend all ingredients together in a blender until mixed thoroughly.
As for adding water and ice, use your best judgement. It is meant to thin and chill the cream. Start small, then add more as necessary.