This yummy vegetable bowl is loaded with important vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients.
It covers a plethora of different flavor profiles, and it’s beautiful!
Eating is an experience.
Make it a great one!
It teaches you to appreciate your food, slow down, and be grateful.
Don’t forget to chew your food well.
This plate is high in protein, fiber, healthy fats, and all of the important micronutrients your body needs to stay healthy and strong and keep your metabolism running on high.
Ingredients for meatballs:
1 pound ground beef
2 handfuls of spinach
1 large carrot, chopped
2 stalks scallion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp black pepper
Directions for Meatballs:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a food processor, combine all ingredients EXCEPT ground beef.
3. Pulse until finely chopped and mixed together.
4. Transfer the veggie mixture to a large bowl and add the ground beef.
5. Get messy! Use your washed clean hands to mix all ingredients together..
6. Scoop out golf size portions and roll into balls.
7. Place rolled balls onto parchment paper (over aluminum foil) on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
9. Allow to cool and enjoy over pasta dishes, salads, or this roasted vegetable dish!
Ingredients for plated vegetables:
1/2 bunch of Kale
1 Acorn Squash
3 Long Carrots
1 can Chickpeas (drained, soaked, and rinsed)
2 cups Cauliflower
1. Preheat Oven to 400F.
2. Chop up raw kale for base of veggie bowl.
3. Wash all vegetables.
4. Cut acorn squash in half. Scoop out all seeds.
5.Slice acorn squash against ridges or whichever way you prefer.
6. Spread avocado oil lightly over acorn squash.
7. Chop cauliflower from head.
8. Toss cauliflower in 1/2 T avocado oil.
9. Toss chickpeas in 1 T avocado oil.
10. Place all vegetables in oven and roast until brown and crispy. Between 20-50 minutes. Depending on the vegetable. Carrots will take the longest.
11. Allow to cool.
12. Slice fresh avocado and place in the center of your bowl after layering with vegetables.