Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine.
I grew up in a very humble household, where we were taught to appreciate food and eat everything that was on our plate.
We weren’t aloud to leave the table until we did. I had so many zucchini’s that I needed to do something with them!
I decided to bake a GF/GF, Dairy-Free, Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Loaf.
This bread is nut-free, too! Just skip the nut topping.
Truthfully, this is one of my favorite breads I have ever baked. It is not too sweet, and it has just enough chocolate to make you smile.
I topped my slice with a scoop of coconut yogurt, a drizzle of cinnamon maca almond butter, a sprinkle of organic unsweetened shredded coconut, organic raw cacao nibs, and a few organic raspberries.
I hope you enjoy!
Food brings the family together.
Luckily, I love to bake!
It warms the hearts of everyone around me, including my own.
There is something special about the love put into the prepping and cooking process.
I want to make sure the people I am serving enjoy it, and can feel my love through my cooking.
Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups organic raw cacao powder
4 T organic coconut oil
4 organic, grass-fed eggs
1/2 cups organic honey (if vegan, use maple syrup)
1 T organic vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1. In a food processor, combine almond flour and cacao powder. Pulse.
2. Add salt and baking powder. Pulse.
3. Add eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Pulse.
4. Add in zucchini and pulse briefly.
5. Transfer mixture into a loaf pan.
6. Sprinkle with organic unsweetened shredded coconut, crushed pistachios, and crushed walnuts.
7. Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes. Keep an eye on it. It may cook faster or slower depending on your oven.
8. Allow to cool. Enjoy
(pictured below: raw loaf, before baking)
(pictured below, baked loaf, sliced)