Fall flavors are the most fun flavors! Fall is such a fun and cozy time of year. A great time for baking and exploring new recipes. This pumpkin spice bread has superfood ingredients to nourish your body and keep it strong and healthy. What’s better than a super healthy and fun treat? Don’t let the greens in this bread scare you! Know that it is full of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to feed your cells that support and sustain healthy living.
This pumpkin spice bread is:
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free, and Paleo friendly!
5 eggs (2 whole, 3 egg whites)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup finely chopped kale
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 zucchini grated and drained in cheese cloth
1/4 cup honey (maple syrup if vegan)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons chia seed
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl
3. Using strong whisk or immersion blender, mix until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add water to thin, but don’t lit it get runny at all.
4. Put into greased (with coconut oil) muffin tins or 8×8 baking dish. I used a loaf pan and it worked perfectly fine.
5. Bake 13-18 minutes for muffins or 20-25 minutes for bread until lightly browned and set in the middle
6. Optional: top with 1/4 cup pecans or almonds