Kristen and I had so much fun baking these muffins together! We wanted to bake a muffin that was both nutritious and delicious at the same time. We thought to add some greens, just enough to nourish the body with vitamins and minerals as well as add fiber, and added banana to give it a sweet touch. It came out perfectly! Just as we imagined, but with a little more fun! Our muffins and recipes are always made with love.
These muffins are dairy free, gluten free, and nut-free.
2 bananas, extra ripe and mashed
1 cup finely chopped kale leaves
3/4 cup Quinoa Flakes
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup sliced Tigernuts or almonds
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup amaranth or quinoa flour
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoon raw honey
2 Tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp organic cinnamon plus 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare 12 muffin tins with liner.
3. In medium mixing bowl, add bananas, maple syrup, honey, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and water mixing to blend.
4. Add in quinoa flakes, coconut flour, amaranth flour, baking powder, baking soda and a good dash of cinnamon (1 teaspoon or so) and gently blend ingredients.
5. Fold in kale and carrots.
6. Fill muffins liners about 3/4 full.
7. Mix tigernuts/almonds with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little of this mixture.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes.
9. Allow to cool and enjoy!