Refined Sugar Free
Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly
A delicious, nutritious, healthy dessert or snack!
I received so much great feedback on these fun treats!
I originally just made these for fun.
Actually, everything I make is for fun!
These were prepped and made for a special fundraiser event to help raise money for the Lungevity Foundation.
A couple of years ago, we lost a dear friend to Lung Cancer.
A healthy happy woman, who was not a smoker.
She simply was an amazing individual.
She taught me to be grateful and patient.
She holds a special place in my heart, always.
I miss our 5:30am talk sessions before class.
She was purely beautiful inside and out.
Servings: 40 Balls
Prep and Make Time: 10-15 minutes
2 cups Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
1 cup Almond Butter
1 Banana (medium-large)
1/4 cup Honey (if vegan, use maple syrup)
3 T Chia Seeds
2 T Raw Cacao Powder
3/4 T melted Coconut Oil
1 T Vanilla Extract
Raw Cacao Nibs
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1. In a Cuisinart, mix oats for 10-15 seconds, to become a finer texture.
2. You can either keep oats in the cuisinart or move to a mix master.
I just got a Kitchen Aid Mix Master and I am obsessed with it, so I used that.
3. Combine oats, chia seeds, and raw cacao powder and mix thoroughly.
4. Add almond butter, banana, honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
6. Roll mixture into ball shapes and then roll into coating mixture of your choice.
I rolled half the batch in raw cacao nibs and the other in unsweetened shredded coconut.
My secret to the raw cacao nibs is to mix in cuisinart for a few pulses to break it down into finer, smaller pieces.
7. Before serving, store rolled balls in fridge for a few hours or freezer for half hour.