I asked one of my friends to pick up bananas at the store so we can bake some banana bread.
She came back with about 10 plantains.
I hysterically laughed.
She honestly believed she bought bananas.
We fell to the floor laughing for about 10 minutes.
Once that was done, we questioned what the heck we were going to do with all of these plantains?!
Well, here we go!
This is where Plantain Banana Peanut Butter Bread was born!
So, just to clear the air… I haven’t prepared plantains in about 15 years!
So this was a challenge.
A challenge I was ready to take because I always LOVE a good challenge.
This bread is amazing.
2 ripe plantains, yellow with black spots
2 very ripe bananas
1 cup PB2 powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cassava flour
3 T melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp honey (if vegan, use maple syrup)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
Top of bread:
1 banana, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray inside of loaf pan with avocado oil or spread melted coconut oil.
3. Add plantains and bananas to Cuisinart, food processor, or blender and thoroughly combine, mix, and allow to mash together.
4. Scoop out the mixture and place in a large mixing bowl. I used my KitchenAid Mix Master.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
6. Allow all of the ingredients to mix together and combine well.
7. Pour mixture into loaf pan and smooth it out.
8. Add sliced banana and ground cinnamon on top.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
(If toothpick passes through middle cleanly.)
10. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Enjoy warm or cold with a spread of your favorite nut butter with fresh berries or simply just by itself!