A tasty and healthy fall treat!
I used Organic Gemini Tigernut Flour, which is high in fiber to support a healthy gut, rich in vitamins C and E, full of antioxidants, are anti-bacterial, a pre-biotic, supports healthy blood sugar, reduces cholesterol levels, and can improve erectile dysfunction. These special muffins are Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Grain-Free.
Did you know tigernuts are full of prebiotic, great for supporting a healthy gut?!
The apples I chose to use, which happen to be my favorite, are organic gala apples.
You can of course use your favorite choice of apples for this recipe!
Makes 16 Muffins
2 1/2 cups Tigernut Flour
5 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 cup grated large apple
2 1/2 cups chopped apple chunks
2/3 cups 100% maple syrup
4 large eggs
5 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and place muffin liners in muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
3. In another bowl, mix eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Gently fold in apples.
6. Place batter evenly into muffin liners.
7. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes or until placing a toothpick through the muffin comes out clean.
8. Allow the muffins to cool and enjoy!